Saturday, October 4, 2008

Running Down a Dream



Today was the St. George Marathon. My aunt ran and finished the marathon today for her 7th time. I think it is absolutly amazing! The weather today was rainy and cold. We got down to the finish line and only had to wait moments till she came running past. It is so neat to see and such an emotional high. There was a lady next to us almost in tears as she cheered her daughter on. I think it is such an amazing thing and am in ase at ther dedication, especially because this year she ran and trained all by herself, and did better than she thought she would. How awesome!

2 comments:

Rack said...

That's awesome! I'm always super impressed with people that have the gumption to run a marathon.

Sunshine Girl said...

I know me too... I think I may try and work up to a 5k, but we'll see if I really have the ambition to do it...