Thursday, October 16, 2008

My memories are a bit rusty...

Tonight I went down to my Grandparents house to take some pictures. Its funny because all the things I found to take pictures of, have somehow gotten rusty and changed from the time I was a kid. How is it that time goes by so much faster as you get older. It kind of made me sad to see the place that I had spent so much time playing in as a kid in ruins. I took pictures of the Old swing set, where we used to play for hours, swinging and jumping. Its where I first learned to pump to make myself go higher...

The old swing. I think we had one wooden swing and one rubber one. I couldn't find the rubber one, but here is the wooden one with the chain still attatched.

My mom said that this was her old bike... I'm not sure. It probably was, but my grandparents were the kind who could fix anything and make it work again.

and this is the first truck I learned how to drive... ok not really but kind of. We used pretend to drive this old truck and spent hours behind the wheel. Thinking about it now, I wonder if that would have helped me pass drivers ed if I'd thought of it... :D

2 comments:

Joe , Larisa , and Abigail said...

even though that's pretty sad, it's also pretty cool! to be able to get pictures like that and relate to each old rusting thing...it's very poetic and sweet:)

Megan Hall said...

Awsome pictures! I love old rusty things. I think they look so cool. And all of those memories you have of them are awesome!